Colchester-based water treatment business Ovivo has been awarded a £27million contract to supply key components for EDF Energy’s Hinkley Point C (HPC) nuclear plant in Somerset. The deal will see the Essex firm design and supply the cooling water intake screening system that will filter the huge amounts of sea water required to cool the nuclear reactors. When completed it is expected to be the largest system of its kind in the world.
- Colchester Borough Council’s Trading Board Agrees Creation of New Commercial Companies
- University of Essex Gains Top Gold Rating in Teaching Excellence Framework
- Colchester Institute’s ‘University Centre Colchester’ Gains Silver Rating in Teaching Excellence Framework
- University of Essex Wins Teaching and Learning Strategy of the Year at The Times Higher Leadership & Management Awards
- University of Essex Academics Changing the World through their Research
- International Outlook
- Ultrafast Broadband